Join the FMA!
You’ll be supporting a professional, official association that will stand next to you when you need it.
How can I become a member?
In order to be eligible for membership, you must:
- Live in Turkey and have a valid residence permit
- Work for a media outlet headquartered outside Turkey (online media are accepted)
- Your main source of income must be due media work
- Be a staff member of an outlet or a freelancer
- Only media professionals who adhere to the core principles of journalistic ethics* can be members.
- Camera operator
- SNG or LiveU Technician
The membership fee is, as of May 2019, set at a minimum of 30TL per month for freelancers and 50TL per month for full-time employees. Higher fees by choice are very much welcomed. Plus we offer to employees getting paid in Lira to pay the freelancer amount.
To apply for membership, please send a mail to membership@FMATurkey.org
Please, let us know who your media outlet or main clients are and include some proof, for example a link to published work of yours or a hard copy. If you are not named in the byline of that work, you should provide us a letter written either by the media organization or by the journalist named in the byline that you did participate in that work.