Join the FMA!
You’ll be supporting a professional, official association that will stand next to you when you need it.
(Click here to find a list of our available media freelancers for booking)
How can I become a member?
In order to be eligible for membership, you must:
- Live in Turkey and have a valid residence permit
- Work for a media outlet headquartered outside Turkey (online media are accepted)
- Your main source of income must be due to media work
- Be a staff member of an outlet or a freelancer
- Only media professionals who adhere to the five core principles of journalistic ethics (click here) can be members.
- If you know a present FMA member, it will speed up the process to mention that person for reference.
- Camera operator
- Video Editor
- SNG or LiveU Technician
The membership fee is, as of 1 March 2024, set at a minimum of 80TL per month for freelancers and 130TL per month for full-time employees. Paying higher fees by choice as a donation to FMA’s work is very much welcomed. Media employees getting paid in Turkish Lira may pay the freelancer rate for member fees.
To apply for membership, please send a mail to membership@FMATurkey.org with the following information and documents:
- Your media outlet and/or main clients include some proof, for example a link to a published work of yours or a hard copy. If you are not named in the byline of that work, you should provide us a letter written either by the media organization or by the journalist named in the byline that you did participate in that work
- Your CV
- If you know a FMA member that can vouch for you, please inlcude the members name in the application to speed up the process
Thank you for joining FMA!